Makivik Job Opportunity
Education and Outreach Coordinator – DEWR1130202
Play a lead role in the development of a communication and outreach program that strengthens the relationship between DEWR and Nunavik Inuit; tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Developing and implementing outreach campaigns and educational materials aimed at reinforcing Inuit values, knowledge and traditional approaches to wildlife management;
- Supporting other DEWR/NRC staff in their efforts to engage with community representatives;
- Strengthening local capacity to engage in, and lead, wildlife management and research, environmental monitoring and planning;
- Assist in the coordination of harvest studies, wildlife monitoring programs and other research;
- Minimum Secondary 5 (college or university degree in related field an asset);
- Ability to communicate fluently in Inuktitut and English (French an asset);
- Previous experience in a similar capacity is an asset;
- Proven ability to design projects and ensure effective project management;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, comfortable speaking to large crowds;
- Sound knowledge of wildlife, the environment and Inuit Knowledge;
- Proficient computer skills (graphic design / illustration experience is ideal).
All marginal benefits available to employees of the Corporation as outlined in the Makivvik Corporation Human Resources Policy Manual
It is the Corporation’s objective to favor and promote the employment of Inuit beneficiaries of the JBNQA.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Are you interested in this position?
You can apply by filling in the form below.
You can apply by visiting our website at www.makivik.org/jobs